Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to Make Beaded Pins with Karen

I thought you might like to have a go at making your own beaded pins for your cards and other craft projects. Here's how I make mine.
1. Here's what you need. A selection of beads, bead caps and separators (optional), head pins,
a cocktail stick, polystyrene and strong glue- I use Impex Fabric Glue as it dries clear and doesn't discolour.
I've tried PVA and super glue and neither are any good for this. A friend told me Impex is
what she uses for making her pins.2. Thead a selection of beads onto one of the headpins.3. Using the cocktail stick take a small blob of glue.4. Slide your last bead down the head pin just a little bit and place some glue at the bottom of
second from last bead.5. Slide the last bead back along the headpin against the glue.

6. Push the pin all the way into the polystyrene, this will hold the bead in place while the glue dries. I like to leave the pins in the polystyrene over night, that way you know they'll be well stuck and ready to use.7. Just an idea on how to use the pins.



8 comments:

Kathyk said...

Excellent tutorial from you Karen, thanks

Kathyk

Cherry said...

Thank you Karen - very useful and I really want to have a go now! Hugs Cherry XXX

Lauren Hatwell said...

A brilliant Tutorial Karen. I'm dying to have a go. I feel a visit to the local craft shop coming on...

Lauren Hatwell said...

A brilliant Tutorial Karen. I'm dying to have a go. I feel a visit to the local craft shop coming on...

Clare Lloyd said...

thanks for sharing karen, i have oodles of beads lurking about so i will definately give this project a go. X

Debs M said...

fab tutorial Karen x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Fabulous Karen, will have to try this :)
Katie x

Jane said...

Fab tutorial..thanks for sharing!
I will definately be giving it a go!